Tuesday, June 2, 2009

CSE Relationship Chart

Comparison Shopping Engines (CSE's) have a similarity to Search Engines in the fact that there are relationships between engines. With Search Engines there is a well know source for visualizing the relationships which is Bruce Clay's Search Engine Relationship Chart, and it shows how paid and organic results populate other search engines. I have looked for a similar chart that shows how data feeds trickle down from one CSE to their affiliates or other web properties, and have had no luck. So I did a little research and created an initial draft of something similar. This may change over the next month or two because I need to verify the these conclusion with each CSE, but it's a start. Over the next couple of weeks I will take a closer look at each of the Parent Shopping Engines starting with Tier 1 and working my way through Tier 2 posting any interesting details that I come across.

There is a Revised CSE Relationship Chart available.


No comments:

Post a Comment